How can Linx CIJ printers help you to increase uptime?
The production managers love the uptime, but how to avoid the dreaded downtime? No company can afford to constantly have to stop their line to deal with poor coding quality due to a blocked printhead. Uptime is of paramount importance, and the selection of printing equipment to efficiently perform its function, without interruption, has never been higher.
CIJ systems are a popular choice for printing (coding and marking) dates or batch codes, on products as they move along the production line. CIJ printers Linx 8900 deliver accurate, durable codes at different line speeds, on a variety of packaging substrates and formats. They also offer longer service intervals and low-cost maintenance. Linx 8900 machines have longer service intervals (9000 hours or 18 months) between services and in this way production managers have more control over their downtime, easing staff pressure and stress.
One of the most important thing to consider when choosing the right CIJ printer is the printhead. Printheads can often be overlooked but are actually the core element of the printer. All printheads accumulate dried ink that can block the printhead nozzle and result in poorly printed codes or stop the printer completely.
So, what makes the Linx printers’ printhead so unique?
- The proven autoflush system thoroughly cleans the printhead every time the printer is shut down, and this ensures a fast and clean start-up when required.
- Seasonal shutdown mode – printer is ready to print first time, even after extended shutdown, with no need for expensive printer flushing
- A robust, completely sealed printhead for maximum reliability and protection from costly, physical damage
- Printhead needs to be cleaned every three months.
- A compact printhead that can be situated above, beside or beneath a production line
If you would like to find out more about how Linx printers can help you stand out from your competitors, contact us today.