Here is what you need to know
Are you getting overrun by the pallet wrapping machine options available? To assist you in selecting the best one for your company, we have put together a simple guidance. Although you probably already have a concept of what you want your wrapping machine to be able to do, it's crucial to consider the specifics of your production line when choosing the best packaging option.
When choosing a wrapping machine, answer the following questions:
What are your pallet wrapping goals?
You have various options when it comes to pallet wrapping machines, including manual, semi-automatic, and automatic. These all come with technical specifications in pre stretch capabilities, wrapping cycle outputs, weights and optional extra add-ons. Your return on investment will be maximized by selecting the option best suitable for your company.
We offer models for a wide range of situations that include:
- Manual pallet wrapping machines entirely mechanical and require no electrical supply. The patented FM50 EasyWrap wraps palletised loads of any shape, weight and size. It is easy and light in use and movement.
- Turntable models where the pallet rotates, and the wrapping head only moves in the vertical direction. Among our most successful models is the FROMM FS 360 series - cost-effective and reliable for small to medium wrapping jobs.
- Rotating arm models where the arm rotates around the stationary pallet which is ideal for unstable or fragile product. The FROMM FS500 series stretch machines are designed both for stand-alone operation and for installation in lines. They are composed of modules and can be built according to the requirements of the specific application.
- Orbital machines that feature a special ring. We offer semi-automatic and automatic orbital machines, and the ring diameters can be different depending on the product dimensions.
- Robot pallet wrapper -the latest in the pallet wrapping innovation – the Robot follows the contours of the pallet and literally ‘runs’ round the pallet wrapping it as it goes in much the same way as a human would. Our specialists recommend the FROMM FR300 series.
With every stretch wrapping machine purchased, you will receive as a giveaway high-tech stretch film (12 microns) for packing 800 pallets.* The promotion is valid until 31.03.2023.
*The calculation is is based on an average consumption of 200 grams of film per pallet.
What loads will you be working with?
The type of pallet wrapping equipment you choose will depend on the dimensions, weight, and variety of the loads that will be wrapped. Finding the right machine for your company’s specific needs is crucial because there is no one-size-fits-all option.
What features do you need?
Some products may need specific features. Pallet wrapping machines can come with a variety of customisable option, so it is worth researching your choices. Some of the options for automatic and semi-automatic pallet wrapping machines include:
- Machines equipped with motorized pre-stretch reduce film consumption and carbon waste
- Cardboard corner applicators
- Integrated top sheet (dust or splash proof)
- Label Applicators and scales
- Top press
- Ramp for pallet trucks
- Remote controls
What is your budget?
Once you have determined your budget, you can then search for the best option that suits your needs. Intangible advantages of stretch wrapping machines include better production flow, consistent professional packaging, increased safety and fewer injuries. When all of these are taken into account, purchasing the ideal machine for your company will yield excellent returns.
You select not only the machine but also the manufacturer or distributor with whom you will interact over the course of the machine. There are numerous factors to take into account when determining who you want to do business with. How many machines have they installed effectively in the field so far? Are their prices competitive? What kind of repair/maintenance services do they offer their customers? By being aware of these variables, you can choose the best partner for your stretch wrapper.
We are exclusive representative of FROMM Switzerland, and we offer a huge range of strapping solutions to meet any business requirements. We will be happy to help you choose the machine that best suits your needs. Find out more about our range of stretch wrappers!